Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kürbis' Photo Shoot

This morning Sharon and I were so excited to get to have our first ultrasound of Kürbis. Sharon was feeling a little nervous going into it (the whole carrying another human life within your body thing is striking her as a big responsibility for some reason or another) but we were so thankful to be told that we had a practically perfect ultrasound. They told us that he/she weighs 10 ounces, is 60mm long, and the due date of Jan. 18 was confirmed. We've posted some fun pictures of Kürbis from the interior or exterior views, and if you look real closely you can see that he/she already has Sharon's nose. To the disappointment of many, we decided to stay with our decision not to find out the gender, but we're both thinking that it is a girl. To celebrate the ultrasound, we went to Target this evening to start our baby registry, which was a lot of fun but also a tad overwhelming. With all of baby stuff out there, it is a little tricky figuring out exactly what we need, especially since we don't even know what continent we will be on a year from now. Anyways, without any further ado, here is the star of our show; introducing Kürbis Koerber...



Above is Sharon's favorite shot of Kürbis as you can make out his nose and other facial features.


Here is the stereotypical "Oh no! Our baby is really an alien!" ultrasound photo that I've always thought is a little creepy when I've looked at other people's babies. Although I'm obviously biased, I think that this is one of the least alienish looking ultrasound faceshots I've seen - so much that I'm still holding out hope he'll grow into a human after all.



Here is Sharon and I posing with Kürbis after the ultrasound. It was a memorable day for both of us and we are still thanking the Lord for the encouraging results. It is a little strange thinking that this will likely be the last that we will see of Kürbis until we meet him face to face in 5 months - and I'm sure he'll look a lot different in color.
- Mike

4 comments:

Megan said...

What great pictures - very un-alien-like of course! You guys have the chance to really tip the balance of boys and girls since Chrissie and Matt will be finding out ahead of you. Sharon looks great - barely a bump at all!

Anonymous said...

So glad to see these first pictures of Kurbis. I am certain that, one day he/she will be happy to see the pictures of his/her glowing parents. I regret that I don't have any such pictures of my three kiddies! Love, Mom

chrissie k said...

Well, if you have the girl you are thinking you are going to have, then it will just even out the inevitable BOY in my belly. I become more and more convinced daily that I am bound for my nestful of BOYS. Very fun pics... I'm so sorry I missed the call today, Sharon!! Love you guys MUCHLY.

Anonymous said...

love the pics!

the Kraines