Sunday, July 20, 2008

House Hunting

I have a confession to make. Though I once mocked my wives obsession with HGTV (that is Home and Garden TV for those who are out of the loop) - I have now become the first person to turn to that station and see what show is on. Although my favorite show is obviously House Hunters - I've found myself intrigued with every show dealing with real estate now that we're looking for our own home. Needless to say the whole home search process is a bit overwhelming, but we're starting to narrow down possible options. Our situation is even a little more complex because we would want to find a place that could resell quickly since there is a good chance that we would only be in the area for 2 or 3 years. The good thing is that it is definitely a buyer's market now and that we have a good deal of options. We'll keep you posted on the search as we hope to have a home closed on by the end of August.

As far as how things are going with Caleb, we feel that he has finally adjusted to his new surroundings - which means that it is time for us to leave again :) He also had his 6 month checkup not too long ago and he came in at the 95th percentile for weight again and his length and head size is increasing in percentile also. He still seems like he is on the verge of crawling - but I have a feeling that he may be that way for a while. We're still hoping that he's able to crawl by the time we leave for the beach on August 16 - but I fear we may regret that when we're trying to keep tabs on him all over the beach house. He is such an active guy now so it is a little scary to think what it will be like when he starts crawling.

Finally, we wanted to use this post to pay a tribute to our favorite fast-food restaurant: Chick-Fil-A. During our time at Seminary, Sharon and I took advantage almost every week of the special "buy one meal, get one free offer" that they had for Seminary and college students. It was a fun and cheap date night for us and also was one less dinner that we had to worry about planning each week. Now, we're super excited to be living in the birthplace of Chick-Fil-A. Just last week, Chick-Fil-A had their "Cow Appreciation Day" festivities where they gave free value meals to everyone that dressed up as cows. Needless to say - Sharon and I couldn't miss it and we have pictures of our home-made cow "costume" below. I know it was a little weak, but I was pretty impressed with what Sharon came up with at the last minute.
Logan hugging/strangling :) his cousin Caleb
Close-up photo of the cousins - as Logan took to referring to Caleb as "my baby Caleb" during his visit
We LOVE Chick-Fil-A

3 comments:

Megan said...

I hope that Caleb grows up appreciating the Chick Fil A cow as much as his parents - I wish my girls weren't so scared of him!
It is a good time to buy and I'm sure you have many options - I liked the pictures of the last one. It had a lot of great features! Enjoy the search :)

Anonymous said...

We love Chick-Fil-A too and also participated in Cow Appreciation Day. (you can check my blog for pics of our 3 little calves) And I am so jealous you are in the birthplace of Chick-Fil-A... I am dying to go to corporate and to eat at the Dwarf House...yes, I am a bit obsessed. My little brother actually owns a CFA in Morgantown, WV so I am in the know on all things up and coming at CFA.
Happy House Hunting!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love how Sharon was able to so simply give you a "cow look". I would have tried to do some complicated costume and gotten frustrated. Glad to see Caleb and his cousin are getting acquainted. Love, mom