Saturday, September 5, 2009

Farewell to Summer(s)

This summer brought the realization that summers as I've known them for the past 25 years have changed dramatically. For almost my entire life, summer has meant a change of pace from the routine of the rest of the year because my life was built around the school calendar. In my current job with TeachBeyond, summer actually brings an increased busy-ness rather than a slowed pace that I had grown to love. Though last year I was in the same job, the fact that we moved early in the summer served to signal the beginning of a new season.

Thus, it was with amazement and a bit of dismay that I noticed this year that summer was already over before I even realized that it began. Even so, we were able to have a lot of fun times this summer, and we so much enjoyed our family vacation in the middle of August. I also imagine that in a few years I will once again be in the typical summer mindset as Caleb begins school himself. In the meantime, it will take a bit of an adjustment to get used to being off of the school calendar mindset. Maybe I'll appreciate more that the true mark of summer is the weather rather than the change of pace I had become accustomed to over the past 25 years.


The annual Koerber family beach photo

Good luck trying to get 6 kids under 6 to look at the camera


If only Caleb was looking...

Feeling the love

Caleb loves his boxes...


his bagels...
his bath time...

and his mommy's undies.

2 comments:

chrissie k said...

oh dear, oh dear!! that made me chuckle out loud. LOVE it. loved seeing you guys a couple of weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh some of these will be part of a wedding montage someday!! What a fun little boy you have--seems he enjoys being a ham as much as his dad did! Love you all!