Friday, December 14, 2007

Baby Showers and Such

Last weekend, my parents came up to visit us from Pennsylvania and it was great to have some time with them. Sharon was under the impression that they were coming up so that my dad could go to the Steelers-Patriots game with me on Sunday - which was half right. The other reason that they were coming up was so my mom could go to the surprise baby shower for Sharon at our church on Saturday morning. Sharon's friends who were organizing the shower really wanted to keep it a surprise, but I was doubting that could happen - especially since we announced it in church one Sunday when Sharon was away. My biggest fear was that one of the kids in our church that goes to our Awana kids program would slip up and mention it to her sometime. However, they were either really good at keeping the secret or else they just proved one of our friends belief that kids don't ever pay attention in church anyways.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun to be able to surprise Sharon and it was amazing to see how far people traveled to be there. We had one of Sharon's best friends Alice make the trip with my parents and then sneak in a mutual friend's apartment on Friday night so that she could surprise her in the morning. The sight of so many friends brought tears to her eyes - which I guess is the mark of success. So last weekend we had a lot of fun looking at our new baby stuff (lots of diapers!) and also got to go out with my parents to pick out our Christmas tree. Even more exciting was the fact that my parents gave us a camera as an early Christmas present, so hopefully this means that I'll be much better about posting pics. By the time little Kürbis makes his appearance, I'll be a photo taking machine. As far as the Steelers-Patriots games that we went to - I don't want to dwell on it other than to say that it was a good experience and I was still glad that we went despite the less than optimal result.
Sharon's Baby Shower Cake
Kürbis trying on his new clothes
Sharon and I with my parents
Sharon with our new stroller
Da' belly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! I wish I could have been at the shower! Much love, Sara Just

Megan said...

I'm so glad Sharon was surprised! That belly looks great - perfect! Looks like you got alot of nice stuff- I'm sure your apartment is bursting at the seams...

Julia Bennett said...

Girlfriend, you are getting huge! : ) Love the lime green stroller. Do you still have your sunglasses? You're going to be a hip, trendy mama. ...I sent something to you for your birthday. You should get it soon if it hasn't come already. I don't think it's going to say who it's from, but I think you can guess. : )

Aimee said...

Sharon-
Remember me- Aimee Beavers/Crank? I am due January 20th, so it has been fun reading your blog. (Except it is number 4 for us!) Y'all look so happy, and we are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

You look so great! No stretch marks! Very lucky! Too bad about that football game, huh?