Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Many Adventures of Caleb and Mommy:)

I know that you all have been waiting for me to make a blog entry. Since Mike has been so busy with JTM, school, and his own exciting things these past two weeks (going snowboarding and to a Penguins game) I figure I should share with you all about the many adventures of Caleb and me. This past week Caleb experienced more "firsts". On Thursday he attended his first woman's Bible Study with mommy and did pretty well until the end when we started to pray. I think he was a little nervous at first being the only guy, but soon realized that the odds worked in his favor:) Last Friday night I attempted to bake my first patch of cookies with Caleb...never to young to start baking together! Caleb hated it; I had him in the Bjorn, which he usually likes, but not this time. I was even just attempting cookie bars (Thanks Megan for the special recipe). Needless to say, I got as far as mixing the dry ingredients and then we had to call it an evening. I finished them after Caleb went to bed and they were super yummy! On Saturday daddy was gone all day snowboarding and we just hung around the house. We had a fun photo shoot...see pictures below and later had take out, games, and a movie with Auntie Dawn. All in all it was a pretty productive day; I even got a shower, Caleb got a bath, and we did a load of laundry. (It is the little things in life!) Sunday was fairly uneventful, but we very much enjoyed having daddy around.

Monday was a big day and Caleb went in for his 2 month check up. I knew he was going to be receiving a shot or two and I was a bit nervous, you see we have lots of experience with needles thanks to all the blood work from being so jaundice for so long. I was greeted by the nurse explaining that Caleb would be getting 5 vaccinations (in 3 shots) and the promise of baby Tylenol...I wanted drugs too! As soon as I would calm him down the nurse would be ready with the next injection; poor Caleb. The good news is that we also found out that his jaundice is now gone, he grew another 2 inches since his last visit (I guess he wants to take after the Smith side of the family) and he was up to 12 1/2 pounds. That's my boy! So he has now grown out of all his 0-3 month outfits and half of his 3 month clothes due to his length. We also learned that Caleb does not get fussy from vaccinations, but just sleeps A LOT. This led to a great surprise on Tuesday. Caleb learned that he can go three to four hours without eating and still live. So he is now eating more at one time and eating less frequent...PRAISE THE LORD! He has also figured out that he can go a little longer at night, but we are still up at least two times a night to eat and usually three. This is fine by me we are making baby steps; no pun intended.

On Wednesday I went back on antibiotics for my infection, but with this one I can still nurse. Please pray that it works this time to get rid of all the bacteria!!! Thursday was a bit of a blurr, but we enjoyed having friends over and I felt more like a real person being able to be mommy and still clean up and make dinner. We also had nice weather and took Caleb for a walk to pay rent and go to the Give and Take. He very much enjoyed it and you can see him below all bundled up and strapped in...he looks a little like he is in a straight jacket:) Well, that concludes the week; hope you enjoyed the update!

P.S. Daddy has been very busy these past weeks, but he is still very helpful and we love him much!!!








4 comments:

MS said...

Sharon!! Oh my goodness, Caleb is so hilarious! And he's just like a pound lighter than Henry and he just reached 16 weeks! Girl, you've got a giant for a baby! He's so adorable. I loved your blog and look forward to more when you have time. We go for Henry's four month check up on Tuesday-more shots, UGH. Sometime we need to get our babies together. I'll try and let you know when Henry and me are up on campus so we can swing by and say hi!

Ali Kat said...

I remember Beth slept tons after the first shots, and this time around she only wanted to breast feed and didn't want any solids. Hopefully you won't get Thrush from all the antibiotics you've been on - we're still battling if since the very beginning :( Cute pice, he seems to not mind tummy time too much, that's a blessing if it's true!

Anonymous said...

O.K. I've have captions for the pictures 3-5: (3)Caleb thinks to himself, "Now what am I supposed to do?" (4)Caleb turns to parents and asks, "O.K. folks just what is it that I'm supposed to do?" (5)Caleb concludes: "Maybe all I have to do is smile and look cute!" They are great pictures! Thanks for the update. Love, mommy k

Megan said...

I think Ella was close to 12 lbs at 2 months - and she started at less than 7 - our dr. was astonished!
Glad to hear that he is enjoying his time in the bjorn - just not cookie making time!
I love the pictures - he is so sweet - I just want snuggle him up :)