Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back to Bachelorhood

Sharon is off with her family this week in Atlanta to show off Caleb, so I'm back to the lonely life of a bachelor until Saturday. It is so strange how quiet this house is without Sharon and (especially) Caleb. Fortunately, Sharon picked a great time to leave me by myself - as March Madness starts this week and she spared me from the many guilty feelings I would experience concerning becoming completely immersed in College Basketball for two days. I do feel a little bad that Caleb will not get to experience it with me as much this year, but by next year, we'll have him filling out his own bracket. I think Sharon has beaten me in our bracket competition the last two years, but I'm hoping that her "baby brain" will give me the edge that I need to restore my supremacy.

As far as Sharon and Caleb, we were pleasantly surprised that Caleb did very well on his flight down to Atlanta on Sunday night. No screaming at all - which would have been somewhat difficult to do since he pretty much nursed the entire time. Caleb's been having a great time with his grandparents and uncle and aunt - and he is even starting to adjust to the pack and play that he's been sleeping in. Sharon will give you updates about the trip and maybe post some of the thousands of pictures of Caleb that have undoubtedly been taken this week. I'm sure that most of you reading this already know, but Sharon and I are so excited to have another niece, Norah Grace Koerber that was born to my sister-in-law Chrissie and brother Matt on March 11. Norah came just in time to restore the balance of genders for my parents grandkids as there will be three little granddaughters and three little grandsons at the beach this summer. If you are interested in seeing pictures (as well as reading my brother's creative account of the whole experience) you can check out their blog at http://mattchrissie.blogspot.com/. Below are a few pictures of Caleb that we took before he left.
Could that be a smile coming on - you be the judge
Caleb "playing" with his cars (the red one was given to him by Sharon's uncle and the unpainted one was given to Sharon by him when she was born many moons ago)
Caleb's not so sure what he's supposed to be doing.
Working on his GQ pose for his future modeling days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, Glad to see the pictures of Caleb. I'm not sure he is too impressed with the cars but he is a real cutie. Looking forward to see you all soon. Love, moms

chrissie k said...

I think you have a GQ model on your hands ;) He is gorgeous. I can't believe how much his face has changed since the last set of pictures.

We love you guys and hope you have a lovely Easter.

The Pittsburgh Koerbers

Ali Kat said...

What a cutie - can't wait to meet him!