Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easter and other events

Since it has been a little while since we last blogged, we have a good amount of pictures and videos to share. Sharon and Caleb had a great visit in Atlanta with her family, and we were also excited to have my parents come up for Easter weekend. We were so glad that Sharon and Caleb were able to make it down to Atlanta for the week before Easter, and I hope that they didn't mind having Caleb around all week. We were also excited that we got Caleb's passport picture taken, and we just sent in his passport application as well. Since we will be going to Canada in June, we wanted to make sure he had just in case he decided he didn't want to stay home by himself.

I'm sure everybody was wondering, but Sharon once again humiliated her husband (for the third year in a row) on her NCAA bracket projections. As a prize, I had to make her chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't mind too much since I ate one or two (or maybe twenty) myself. Caleb was really bummed that Davidson lost to Kansas in the Elite Eight, and has had some trouble sleeping ever since, but I think he'll snap out of soon. He is starting to get into a pretty good routine of going to bed around 8:00 PM, which we really appreciate since it gives us time to ourselves. We're starting to get Caleb into more of a routine, but I think that we'll probably wait until four months until we start a more regular schedule with him. He has definitely become much more entertaining and interactive recently, so that has made our time with him even more fun. However, he is still quite the cuddler, which we also enjoy - although we wonder how much longer that will last.
Caleb "discovering his hands"
What scares uncle John more? The tears or the other "end"
Caleb with his Grandma and Grandpa
Caleb just LOVED getting his passport picture

Quality time with Grandma

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love that video. I remember when the girls' discovered their hands and how funny it was to watch how interested and amazed they were. I love when he starts to cry at the end - just too cute! Glad to see a new post and pictures from you guys - I needed a Caleb fix!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I really enjoy reading your updates and seeing the pictures of your precious Caleb. You even inspired me to start my own blog!

fivegranos said...

Our oldest son, Peter (now 17), got his first (of many) passports about the same age as Caleb did (not easy holding him up for the picture, was it?!). We traveled to Germany (from MN) to show him off to his German relatives (my family) at age 7 months. That's actually a good age to travel with kids, because they're not mobile yet...you don't need to chase them up and down the plane isle...but I'm sure you'll get to experience that all for yourself yet! ;-)

Myriam & Gregg

Ali Kat said...

Passport pictures... just be happy you could hold him! We went 5 times before they finally accepted it. She was 5 weeks old and they wanted her to sit up without any part of me showing whatsoever, CRAZY!