Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Highlights

As usual, the Christmas season just seemed to fly right by this year. We were so focused on closing and moving into our new home that we never really felt like we had the time to prepare for Christmas. Before we knew it, it was Christmas eve and we were scrambling to get everything ready for our Christmas day flight to Pennsylvania. We did enjoy our time with Sharon's family on Christmas morning and were also excited to have one of our boys from BFA join us as well for a few days. On Christmas afternoon we flew up to Pittsburgh and then drove one of my brother's car over to Clearfield.

We arrived in Clearfield late Christmas night and had a few days with the entire family. Caleb was a bit overwhelmed by all the kids running around, but he was starting to feel a little more comfortable after a day or two. Just as much of the family was leaving and things were starting to quiet down at my parents' house, the stomach flu decided to pay me a visit. I had one of the most miserable nights of my life on Monday night - but I will spare you the gory details of that experience :) In true Christmas spirit, I shared this "gift" with Caleb so that he got to experience his first sickness of this type. The only upside of it all is that I now feel like a real parent after going through the experience of having my son puke on me. Sharon also got the illness - but she handled it much than me of course. We actually have all sorts of fun pictures from the last few weeks (though thankfully none of the illnesses), but we unfortunately left our camera connector cord in Atlanta, so we can't get them posted. All the more to post next time...

1 comment:

Megan said...

So sorry you guys all went through that. I am cringing at the thought that we brought it into the house (you saw Ella Friday morning and got sick Monday night - maybe it's too long to blame her!). It was good to see you guys - I am always telling people about the crazy games you and Sharon love.